Detoxification is a process where your body eliminates toxins and impurities from your liver intestines, lungs, lymphatic system, kidneys and even the largest organ on your body; your skin. Detoxification can be carried out in a wide variety of ways, so if a friend has attempted it without much success, don’t be deterred; there are processes that will work for you that won’t work as well for others. Each detoxification is different depending on the individual, their toxin levels, how often they detoxify, and the steps they use to carry out the treatment.
If you’re looking for some natural ways to detoxify your body, you’ve come to the right place. Here are some great ways to improve your body all around with natural and easy detoxification ideas.
- Have a breakfast smoothie. This could also be used as a meal replacement either at lunchtime or supper, depending on when you have the chance to whip up a good recipe. Your best bet in using a smoothie as a meal replacement (which helps jump start your metabolism and give your body an immediate shot of health promoting fruits, veggies and nuts) is to make it yourself as opposed to buying a premade one that potentially includes chemicals and preservatives. Below is a great smoothie recipe you can use each day and easily tweak it to suit your taste.
Take 1 C kale or spinach, add 1 apple (chopped), 1 banana (peeled), and ½ C parsley leaves. Blend in a regular blender with enough water to thin it out. Add ice and your smoothie to a cup and enjoy! This type of recipe will give you energy and give your immune system a boost!
- Drink more water! It seems that we’re always being pushed to drink more water, but this is crucial as a part of your detoxification process. In order to work properly, your body must be hydrated. Give plain water a twist by adding a squirt of lime or lemon juice and some ice. Chopped cucumber and mint is another nice addition that will give water good flavour without compromising its purity.
- Use a steam shower as one wonderful way to clear out toxins through sweat and by opening pores. In a steam shower, your body’s pores have the chance to open up; any debris can then be washed away. If your temperature is set properly, you will also benefit from the sweating out of numerous toxins while your body absorbs moisture from the steam. This is also a great way to relax and clear your mind, which is just as important as clearing the body of negative products.
- When determining different ways to detoxify, getting a massage might not have been on your list, but did you know that with a good, deep massage, your muscle tissue has the opportunity to release built up toxins? Not all massages are created equal; you’ll want to find the right therapist who has experience with this technique.
- Exercise! This is one of the best ways you can eliminate toxins from your body in a very short period of time, while benefitting both your mind and body. Exercise is also a great way to de stress and feels positive about an activity. It will get your heart rate up, your blood pumping, and regular exercise can help you to prevent other age or weight related illnesses and disease. Exercise doesn’t have to be dull; it can encompass everything from a nightly brisk walk with the dog to a more intense boot camp. You can swim, dance or jog your way to detoxification.
- Acupuncture has been around for centuries, and it’s another good way to get your detoxification process rolling. The pressure of the inserted needles over several areas of your body can release zones that have suffered blockages by toxins and other harmful substances. This is one way that people claim have instant detoxification benefits and patients often leave feeling much lighter and cleansed.
- Eat organic food when possible. This helps to eliminate toxins by not bringing them into your body in the first place. Our foods are sprayed with numerous types of preservatives and fertilizers, and once consumed they often stay locked up in our blood and tissue. A diet high in organic foods will keep you on the right track and can even lessen the need for other detoxification processes over time.
This article was written by Sam Socorro from Vidalux. She has over 10 years’ experience in writing health related topics and specializes in the health benefits of saunas and hydrotherapy.